Warm Up America – Focused on neighbors helping neighbors, Warm Up America takes your donated knitted or crocheted squares to create afghans. Also accepts hats and other knitted garments. Visit their website for details.
Where can I send knitted squares?
Blanket Square Charities
Warm Up America: Perhaps the most well-known blanket square charity, at least in the United States! Warm Up America requests donations of 7″ x 9″ squares, along with completed afghans, baby and lap blankets, or any other items that can help keep people warm.
Where can I donate knitted items?
Knitting For Charity – 10 Ways To Donate
- #1 Little Hats Big Hearts – Red hats for babies born in February. …
- #2 Project Linus – Blankets for needy children. …
- #3 Knitted Knockers – Prosthetics for breast cancer survivors. …
- #4 Alice’s Embrace – Prayer shawls and lap blankets for those with Alzheimers.
What can I do with knitted squares?
8 Homemade Gifts from a Knitted Square (or Rectangle)
- Napkin Holders. Take two opposite corners of the square and sew them together. …
- Coffee Cozy. Measure the circumference of a paper coffee cup. …
- Fingerless Gloves. …
- Pot Holder. …
- Head Bands. …
- Baby Booties. …
- Phone/Camera/Sunglasses Case. …
- Checkers Game.
What can I do with unwanted wool knitting?
Unwanted wool can be donated to local charity shops, textile recycling shops or community groups for re-sale and re-use. Some clothing and textiles collection bags or banks will allow you to put balls of wool in – always check first.
Can I still knit for charity?
Charity Knitting in the UK. The Big Knit is returning in 2022 to raise money for Age UK. You can start knitting little hats for Innocent drinks bottles right now as they will be collecting them right up to August 2021 to be in the shops in February 2022.
Where can I donate crochet blankets near me?
If you are looking to crochet for charity near you, here is a list of organizations where you can donate crochet to someone in need.
- Warm Up America.
- Red Scarf Project.
- The Snuggle Project.
- Project Linus.
- Crochet For Cancer.
- Warmth For Warriors.
- Knits For Kids.
- Knots Of Love.
How do I donate blankets to Project Linus?
Project Linus National Headquarters
We are always in need of your help to assist us in fulfilling our mission. You can donate home-made blankets by becoming a “blanketeer,” give of your time at a local chapter event, or even become a Chapter Coordinator yourself.
Where can I send a premature baby for knitting?
- Bev’s Country Cottage keeps an ongoing list of hospitals and charities accepting donations.
- The Amelia Project.
- Bonnie Babies (in the UK)
- Care Wear.
- Knitting Rays of Hope.
- Mighty Miracles Foundation.
How do I dispose of old yarn?
What follows are some ways to get rid of your yarn that may be more fun than just dropping it off at the local thrift store.
- Host a yarn party. Tell all your knitting and crocheting friends to come over and peruse the yarn offerings. …
- Sell it. …
- Donate it. …
- Make project surprise bags.
What can you do with old yarn?
34 Adorable Things To Do With Leftover Bits Of Yarn
- Use yarn scraps to wrap your gifts. …
- Knit a bookmark. …
- Make a collage with tiny rolled-up yarn balls. …
- Knit (or crochet!) …
- Make tiny bunnies. …
- Or even tinier bunnies. …
- Crochet a quick and simple doily for an ornament. …
- Or crochet smaller ones to make earrings.
How do you dispose of old yarn?
Any loose yarn can be recycled in your community.
If you have a friend or family member who knits or crochets, they may have a separate bin in their home that is used for recycling unwanted yarn. Look for local yarn shops that accept donations, or consider placing your donation in a charity collection box.