What is a antonym for philanthropic?
philanthropicadjective. Antonyms: misanthropic, hateful, mean, nasty. Synonyms: philanthropical, humanitarian, altruistic, generous, giving, charitable, benevolent, bighearted, goodhearted.
What is the synonym of philanthropic?
In this page you can discover 33 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for philanthropic, like: eleemosynary, patriotic, benevolent, charitable, altruistic, public-spirited, liberal, bountiful, magnanimous, munificent and beneficent.
What’s an antonym for the word?
An antonym is a word that means the opposite of another word. For instance, the antonym of ‘hot’ may be ‘cold. ‘ The root words for the word ‘antonym’ are the words ‘anti,’ meaning ‘against’ or ‘opposite,’ and ‘onym,’ meaning ‘name. ‘ … Synonyms and antonyms are exactly the opposite.
What is a generous?
1. Generous, charitable, liberal, bountiful, munificent all describe persons who give to others something of value, or the acts of such persons. Generous stresses the warm and sympathetic nature of the giver: a generous gift; generous in praise of the work of others.
What’s the meaning of prolific?
1 : producing young or fruit especially freely : fruitful. 2 archaic : causing abundant growth, generation, or reproduction.
How do you describe someone who is philanthropic?
The definition of philanthropic is someone giving or charitable or someone who likes to do good for others. A millionaire who gives away lots of money to charity and who volunteers for lots of charitable organizations is an example of someone who would be described as philanthropic.
How would you describe a philanthropic person?
A philanthropist is a person who donates time, money, experience, skills or talent to help create a better world. Anyone can be a philanthropist, regardless of status or net worth.
What is a benefactress?
: a woman who is a benefactor.
What are the 50 examples of synonyms?
50 Examples of Synonyms With Sentences
- Magnify – expand: He magnified their happiness like their pain.
- Baffle – confuse, deceive: The bad news he received consecutively confused him.
- Beautiful – attractive, pretty, lovely, stunning: You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life.
What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
10 examples of Antonyms
- monarchy and democracy.
- truth and lie.
- good and bad.
- enemy and friend.
- antonym and synonym.
- love and hate.
- hi and bye.
- happy and sad.
What are antonyms give 5 examples?
|Achieve – Fail||Giant – Dwarf||Random – Specific|
|Arrogant – Humble||Knowledge – Ignorance||Single – Married|
|Attack – Defend||Liquid – Solid||Sunny – Cloudy|
|Blunt – Sharp||Marvelous – Terrible||Timid – Bold|
|Brave – Cowardly||Noisy – Quiet||Toward – Away|
What is a generous person called?
Some common synonyms of generous are bountiful, liberal, and munificent.
Does generous mean kind?
Generosity refers to someone’s willingness to give help or money, especially more than would be expected. … Kind people are also generous but generous people are not always kind. For example, a generous person may give a lot of money to support charities but be a scoundrel in other aspects of life.
How do you use the word generous?
more than adequate.
- Be generous with your compliments.
- They made a generous donation to charity.
- His charity bespeaks a generous nature.
- They are generous although they are poor.
- John’s getting very generous with the wine!
- Leave a generous margin on the left.
- Each gag was rewarded with a generous belly-laugh.